The Main Changes for Lessons at the Studio
- A reduced timetable, initially only one lesson per day to allow for cleaning between lessons.
- Fewer students, to comply with the recommended social distancing.
- All lessons require pre-booking and pre-payment.
- Studio equipment will not be available, you should bring your own yoga mat and any personal required props.
- PLEASE DO NOT COME TO THE YOGA SHALA IF YOU HAVE BEEN ASKED TO SELF-ISOLATE OR IF YOU HAVE ANY COVID SYMPTOMS OR FEEL UNWELL. We rely on you to be honest – please do not take risks.
What You Need To Do Before Your Yoga Lesson
- As the number of students who can safely be in the studio at the same time is limited, all lessons must be pre-booked and pre-paid. There will not be a drop-in option or payment by cash.
- In order to give as many students as possible the opportunity to return to a class you will initially only be able to attend one studio class per week. I will review this once I see what the demand for face to face classes will be.
- Face masks are optional for both teachers and students.
- You will need to bring your own mat as the studio props will not be available for use. Please also bring a towel and a belt and consider bringing any other equipment as per your own needs.
What You Need To Do On Arrival
- Do not arrive too early for your class. The doors will be open from 10 minutes before each lesson.
- Consider wearing gloves to enter the building as the door bell, door handle and stair rail will be used by many people.
- Maintain social distancing when moving through constricted areas (eg entrance hall, stairs and corridors). If someone is coming towards you please wait until you have free access.
- The changing area will not be available so please arrive as far as possible dressed for your lesson.
- Outdoor footwear should be removed and placed in your own bag before entering the studio on the first floor. Keep your socks on to come and go through the studio.
- Hand sanitisers will be provided at the studio door for you to use on entry and exit.
- You will work in a designated area for your lesson, all area boundaries are clearly marked (see picture below).
- Fill up spaces from the stage end first to avoid students who arrive after you having to walk past you to find a free spot.
- Walk on the marked walkway in your socks to your area taking all your belongings with you.
- Keep your yoga bag and personal belongings within your area next to your mat.
- The toilet facility can only be used by one person at a time. Paper towels for hand drying will be provided. Dispose of used paper towels in the bins.
What Will Happen During The Lesson
- There will be no communal Invocation or chanting at the start of the lesson.
- To ensure ventilation, the door to the studio will normally be left open and when possible the skylight windows will be opened. Please do not open or close the windows or doors yourself, just ask me.
- Do not touch the light switches, thermostat or radiator controls.
- Use the central walkway when moving through the studio e.g. to go to the toilet. Do not walk through anyone else’s area.
- I will teach from the stage, and walk around the room as little as possible. There will be no physical adjustments, or physical contact of any kind, except in an emergency.
- The kitchen facility will not be available (e.g. for drinks or for replenishing any water bottles).
- You are asked to leave straight after the lesson finishes, we will not be open for socialising or catching up with friends.
What I Am Doing At The Yoga Shala
- I will personally check in all students – no-one else must use the entry phone.
- The studio floor will be appropriately cleaned after each lesson.
- The commonly used surfaces eg door handles, stair banister, light switches, will be cleaned after each lesson.
- If it becomes necessary for anyone to use a chair or any large equipment it will be cleaned after each lesson.