New ‘4 module’ course starting April 2019
About the Course
Iyengar Yoga is firmly rooted in the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali (an Indian sage who is believed to have lived around 200 bc). He wrote down the Yoga Sutras which had previously been passed on from Guru to teacher for thousands of years. These Yoga Sutras hold the teaching for finding a right way of living, leading towards peace and enlightenment. They are as relevant today as ever and during this course we will study the meanings of the Yoga Sutras and how we apply them to our lives.
This International course, run over two years, will guide you through the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali to bring understanding and meaning to this work. It is designed for teachers and students who are ready to explore these texts, with the aim of bringing philosophy into the yoga practice for all round development, as was originally intended. The course will also help in preparation for the philosophical aspects required in the Iyengar Yoga teaching system at all levels of assessment.
Each module will consist of philosophy lectures with Gitte Bechsgaard together with asana and pranayama practice with Sheila Haswell. For more detailed information about the content of the modules please follow this link.
- There are four modules to the course, each over a period of five days, normally one evening, three full days, and a final shorter day
- The modules must be studied in sequential order
- The fee is £300 for each module
- To secure a place make a payment of £50 as a deposit and e-mail the details to Sheila. The balance of £250 is due four weeks before the start of the module
- For more information contact Sheila
Module 1 took place on 5th to 9th April 2019
Module 2 took place on 8th to 12th June 2019
Module 3 11th to 15th January 2020
Modules 4 23rd to 27th April 2020
A new ‘4 module’ course is planned to start in 2021.
Course 1 between May 2015 and April 2016
Course 2 between August 2016 and January 2018