This course is for those who wish to train for the Introductory Teaching Certificate in Iyengar Yoga, which is an internationally recognised qualification. The UK course and teaching certificate is endorsed, overseen and assessed by the Iyengar Yoga association of the United Kingdom, known as IY(UK).
For acceptance onto a Teacher Training course a student:
- must have completed a minimum three years of study and regular attendance at classes with an approved Iyengar Yoga Teacher
- should have developed a personal practice of the Introductory Level syllabus
- will be seen by the teacher trainer (preferably at a selection day) before being accepted onto the course; selection normally takes place in the summer term
- needs to be a student member of IY(UK).
- The teacher training course runs for a minimum of two years
- There will be at least 140 hours of tuition with the teacher trainer during the training sessions
- There will be written assignments during each year of the training course
- The course will cover asana, pranayama, and basic philosophy together with some anatomy and physiology.
- At the end of the course there will be a practical and theory assessment which is organised and overseen by IY(UK)
- In order to take the assessment the trainee needs to have passed the course work assignments, and hold a current First Aid certificate.
- Training normally takes place on one Sunday a month from 9:30am to 5pm
- There may also be one full weekend of training during the year (additional fee £50)
- In the second year it is advisable that each trainee shadows a recognised Iyengar Yoga teacher during regular classes in order to gain further experience
- The course fee is £900 per year, payable in three instalments of £300 in July, November, and March
- Continuation on the training course is at the discretion of the teacher trainer
- For details of how to apply for the teacher training course or for more information please contact Sheila
3rd September 2017
24th September 2017
29th October 2017
10th December 2017
21st January 2018
18th February 2018
11th or 25th March 2018 (tbc)
22nd April 2018
6th May 2018
24th June 2018
8th July 2018
28th/29th July 2018 (extra training weekend, fee £50)