How quickly the first half of this year has passed! The classes at the Yoga Shala have been running regularly since September last year and I have now brought all the syllabus workshops back to ‘in-person’ sessions at the studio. It has been good to see you all returning to the studio classes but none of them are yet back to pre-Covid numbers.
There are nine regular classes each week, many with myself and also some with Sara & Michelle. Then there is a monthly pranayama class (2nd Monday in each month) and occasional syllabus workshops which run on Saturdays or Sundays. Check the website for what is happening.
This summer I finished teaching on Friday 22nd July as we have a family wedding at the end of July. I will start back from the week beginning 5th September. August is family time and personal catch-up time as well as full cleaning of the Yoga Shala. The hot weather has facilitated a quicker than usual laundering of the yoga mats, blankets and belts. What normally takes about three weeks has been done in about 10 days because of the fast drying time.
Sara & Michelle will continue with their own classes during the summer and will be offering some extra dates. To book any of the following please contact them directly. Don’t just turn up to the classes as they may not be running – it will depend on numbers.
Michelle – Monday 6:15 – 7:30pm
Sara – Tuesday 10 – 11:30am – but only on 16th & 23rd August
Sara – Wednesday 10 – 11:30am
Michelle – Thursday 7 – 8:30pm
Sara – 07814 590602 or email email@example.com.
Michelle – 07837 695724 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
– I will continue to run my studio classes in the autumn with online booking and direct bank payments. New dates will still be offered on a two-week rolling rota on the booking page.
– The Thursday evening class has a new start time – it will run from 7:15pm to 9pm instead of starting at 7:30pm.
– There will be no 11am class on Friday 23rd September.
– There will be no classes on Tuesday 11th and Thursday 13th October (see next bullet point)
– Module 4 of the philosophy course will run online from Sunday 9th to Thursday 13th October.
– My mid-term break will be 24th to 28th October.
– Syllabus workshop dates for the autumn will be on the website soon. Here are dates already planned and now available for booking:
Level 1 – Sun 25th September
Level 2 – Sat 17th September
Level 3 – Sat 1st & Sun 2nd October.
– Some of you may remember that we had to use temporary heating for most of last winter because of boiler problems. During August a new boiler will be installed so we should be all set with comfortable conditions for the coming winter.