I hope you have had a good Christmas break. Thank you for all your good wishes for me and the team at the Yoga Shala. Here we are, starting the New Year of 2022 and still Covid restrictions are around. This is what is planned for the Yoga Shala.Our full timetable of classes resumes from week beginning January 17th. (See below for classes with Sara & Michelle)
The first two weeks of my January classes are already available to book via the website but please note the following:
- There will be no pranayama class in January. The next date for pranayama is Monday Feb 14th.
- Sara will be teaching her Wednesday morning class (11am – 12:30pm) from 5th January – to book please contact her directly Sara.email@example.com
- Michelle plans to start her classes from Saturday 15th January (Saturday 8:00am – 9:15am & Monday 6:15pm – 7:30pm) – to book please contact her directly firstname.lastname@example.org
(I am co-teaching module 2 of an online yoga and philosophy course for 5 days from 8th January so will be need to be at home for those sessions. If you are attending please remember to book through the Vidya website. Details are on the Philosophy page of my website under the Sutras tab.)
Here are some dates for your diaries for my classes:
- 5 weeks of lessons from 17th January to 18th February
- No classes in the week 21st to 25th February (to tie in with the schools break)
- 6 weeks of lessons from 28th February to 8th April
(For Sara’s & Michelle’s classes contact them directly for their lesson dates)
- Lessons with me are still to be booked via the website and paid for by bank transfer.
- Payment confirmation will be sent out when requested but I don’t automatically send out a booking confirmation, if a class is full or no longer available the entry will be removed from the drop-down selection.
- Any changes due to Covid restrictions will be posted on the ‘During Covid’ page on my website.
I require 24 notice hours of a cancellation for your fee to be carried over to another lesson or workshop.
I run weekend workshops on a monthly basis. For a Level 1 workshop I focus on the first level of the Iyengar yoga syllabus in order for us to get familiar with the full range of asanas and pranayamas, which is why it is open to all except absolute beginners. It is also very appropriate for anyone who is considering teaching Iyengar yoga at some stage.
A Level 2 workshop will focus on the next level of asanas and pranayamas. It is not for beginners but for those who have had a basic grounding in practice and have been taught the inverted poses of Sirsasana (headstand) and Sarvangasana (shoulder stand). If you want to move along in your practice this could be for you. You don’t have to be a teacher or trainee to attend but it will be very relevant to delve further into the syllabus if you are.
The Level 3 workshops are held over a weekend and are aimed at those students or teachers who have a strong established practice and who are ready to tackle some of the more complicated asanas. At the moment these remain online so the next one, planned for April 2022, will be taught online. I am however looking forward to bringing these workshops back into the studio when travel is easier for everyone.
To see more information and to book for any of the workshops select the ‘Workshop‘ tab on the menu bar and then select from the drop-down menu.
Planned workshop dates are:
Level 1: January 30th & February 20th
Level 2: February 5th & March 12th
Level 3: April 2nd & 3rd
These are back up and running and we have a good group of teacher helpers to assist the students attending this class. If you think this is something you might be in need of, first check the Class Descriptions on my website (under Weekday Classes) to see if this is an appropriate lesson for you, then contact me to see about signing up. You cannot just turn up to the remedial class, it has to be agreed with me first before you attend.
Finally, we are heading into the main winter months where we may be affected by bad weather. In the event that classes are cancelled because of travel problems (usually snow) there will be a message posted on the home page of my website (right hand side under Yoga Shala Updates). I will also aim to contact those of you who have booked for any affected lesson. Let’s hope we don’t have too much disruption.
I look forward to meeting up with you again in the New Year.
with my best wishes for 2022